The church at Wildwood uses the Bible as our roadmap for the way to heaven. We fellowship in earnest with love and understanding. The church in Wildwood averages 170 members and we have many winter visitors. We want you to come worship God, learn His words and grow in the faith with us!
The church in Wildwood began in September of 1941, just three months prior to our country entering the Second World War. Eighteen christians met on Sunday morning, September 18 to worship in spirit and truth. For the last seventy-five years the Lord's Church has been present in this community, preaching and teaching God's word and leading souls to Christ. We are fortunate to have an early account of the beginning of the church from 1941 up to 1945 written by Virginia Slaughter Elliot. This beautiful essay contains a number of interesting photographs and a listing of all of the known ministers who have served here - "Beginning Facts Of The Wildwood Church of Christ" (Note: This document has been annotated to include our current minister). Sisters Martha Polk and Gloria Murphy contributed pamplets written by David East, Evangelist, in commemoration of the September 1981 Homecoming meeting and brother Doug Andrews provided "A Brief History Of The Wildwood Church Building In Pictures & Words", written and compiled by himself and his late wife, sister Ann Andrews.